This is a very simple, healthy and delicious recipe partnered with some rice, salad or quesadillas!
Sweet Potato Soup
You’ll need: a blender or food processor and sauce pan/soup pot
1 medium to large steamed sweet potato (or baked, but I’ve only ever steamed it)
1 1/2 to 2 cups of vegetable broth (use water from steaming the potato!)
1/2 cup almond milk (or cow milk, your choice)
1 tsp cumin powder
dash of salt (Iodized is better)
3-4 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tbls of onion (chopped)
2-3 tbls of oil (olive oil makes it saltier, coconut oil sweeter)
1. Steam the sweet potato until very soft. Set aside and let cool.
2. Sauté chopped onion and garlic in oil in sauce pan/pot (the same pot you’ll use for the soup later) until the garlic is brown, and onions are becoming translucent. Remove the garlic and onion from the oil with a spoon or fork, and place on a plate or bowl to cool.
3. Once cooled, peel off the skin of the potato, place the meat in blender, add milk and some of the vegetable broth or all (depending on the size of your blender or food processor, you may not have space for all the broth, but you can add it later in the pot).
4. Add the onion and garlic to the blender, then blend the potato, milk, broth and garlic and onions together until smooth and whipped.
5. Poor the mix into the pot with oil (same pot you sautéed the onion and garlic in), add the rest of the broth water then heat on medium. Stir in cumin and salt as it heats. Don’t over heat the soup as it will get thicker and thicker. Add more water or milk as needed. Taste test to your preference.